Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Return by Carter Vance


Title: The Return
Author: Carter Vance
Genre: Religious Fiction
Publisher: Self-published (unknown date)
Available: $2.99 at Amazon
Rating: 4 stars
Rater: Dihanna

From the publisher:
The Return is an action thriller that challenges us with the possibility that Jesus Christ is returning now. “The world currently in a state of upheaval and getting more chaotic everyday,” states Carter Vance, author of The Return. “Many of the prophesized signs of the end times are here, now, and are an indication of the possible return of Christ.”
What if the Knights Templar never disbanded and have amassed, over the centuries, virtually unlimited resources in anticipation of His return?

What I liked: This books is most assuredly about Good versus Evil and the return of Christ. Here the author speculates about what the Templar’s status has historically been and what it is now.  I enjoyed this author’s characters as they were so kind, and the portrayal of the KT made me completely sympathize with them. I loved that in the end good does indeed conquer!  I found this a good, well written story.

What I didn’t like: I felt great sadness that several characters, including one I adored, died.

In sum: Very well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment