Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Hint of Frost by Hailey Edwards


Title: A Hint of Frost
Author: Hailey Edwards
Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing (April 17, 2012)
Available: $4.24 at Amazon
Rating: 5 stars
Rater: Dihanna

From the publisher:
When her mother is murdered in her nest, Lourdes has one choice: she must marry before her own nest is seized. All she needs is a warrior fierce enough to protect her city and safeguard her clansmen. Such a male is Rhys the Cold. 
Rhys’s clan is starving, but their taste for the Araneaean flesh makes them unwelcome dinner guests. Yet Lourdes threatens to melt the cold encasing his heart. When her sister is captured, they pursue their enemies, where she will discover if she’s worth her silk or if she’s spun the thread by which her clan will hang.


What I liked: I sure wish I could have read this book before I read book two, A Feast of Souls (review below), which I adored. In any case, this book was worth reading on its own. Most of all, I loved the relationship between Mava and Rhys. I loved how it developed and how strong, and how completely possessive, he was. In fact, I think I want a man just like him!  Because it made for a fabulous contrast, I also loved the hate-love thing going on between Rhys and Vaughn. It made me shake my head, and smile, because no matter what, brotherly love does survive.

What I didn’t like: Nothing.

In sum: I loved this book. It is a good read for intrigue and suspense, and to remind you that love does indeed conquer all.


No comments:

Post a Comment